2019 Club Sports Photo Comp
The Club Sports Photo Comp (CSPC) is an annual event within App State’s Club Sports Program. Any individual can take the photographs, but an officer on the respective team must submit an entry form for each photograph submitted (up to a maximum of three). There is no entry fee or any other type of fee throughout this competition, so all teams are encouraged to participate.
Click Here to submit a photo to the competition! (Must login through AppSync)
What the Winner Receives
- Your photo will be printed, framed and displayed outside of Room 202 at the Student Recreation Center
- Your photo will also be used as the primary publicity photo for the entire Club Sports program for the 2019-2020 Season
- Pride and Glory
What to Enter
- All photographs must be high quality JPG (300 dpi) image files
- A completed entry form for each photo submission through AppSync (these can be found here).
- Photographs should not contain watermarks, titles, or signatures within the image itself
- Photographs should not be noticeably edited by photo editing software (color correcting and contrast is fine, dramatically retouching the photo is not)
- No more than three entries per team, if more than three entries are received then only the first three received will be counted
- Photographs taken since the close of the last Club Sports Photo Competition (March 24, 2018 - Present)
- Teams are ineligible to win consecutive years
How To Enter
- Submit a completed and accurate entry form through AppSync (found Here)
- Name your image files with the team name and photograph title as such: TeamName_Title (i.e. Snowboarding_EpicGnar)
- The photographs may be by anyone (i.e. a person not on the team, a team member, an officer) but an officer must submit it via the entry form. Any submissions without matching entry forms will be disregarded.
- Open for submissions on March 13, 2019
- Submissions due by March 24, 2019
- Voting will take place at the Club Sports Council Wed. March 27, 2019
- Voting will take place at the UREC Council Thurs. April 4, 2019
- Voting will open up to the public on social media from Fri. March 29 - 12:00pm April 5, 2019
- The printed and framed winning photograph will be unveiled at the Club Sports Banquet Mon. April 29, 2019
The organizers of Club Sports Photo Comp (CSPC) encourage all teams to submit images for optimal promotion of the Club Sports Program. We celebrate the accessibility to photographic arts that the digital revolution has fostered and are proud of the hard work each team puts out each and every year.
Submitted images must be sharp enough and of sufficient quality to enlarge into a print with minimum dimensions of no less than 24” on any one side. Individuals shooting in digital should use at least a four mega-pixel camera and shooting with low ISO will help reduce “digital noise” present in the image.
In general, we are looking for images that capture the spirit of our Club Sports athletes with their emotions and actions. Photos must be of current Club Sports athletes displaying the competitive spirit of the program. Finally, submit the images that your team is excited about and enjoy the process of creativity that photography inspires!
UREC Hotline - (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancelations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035