What do secretaries in clubs and organizations do? In club sports they work on getting media publicity for your team. This may mean writing to your sponsors and letting them know how well you are doing. It may also mean keeping accurate records of how well your team does in competition. This information can be turned into attracting more attention about your club, which can turn into sponsorship dollars.
If you major in journalism, marketing, advertising, sports and recreation, health and exercise science, or any other related field, this position might suit you very well. You can work on applying what you learn in the classroom to a real setting. By working on getting publicity for your team you are using your education to gain more practical experience. As a secretary your duties may include, (but not exclusively):
- Conducting correspondence for the team.
- Updating team roster as necessary.
- Circulating publicity information about the team.
- Overseeing the handling and submitting of required forms and paperwork.
- Maintaining the club's website.
- Recording and circulating minutes of team meetings.
- All of the president's responsibilities